Motorola MBP18 Video Baby Monitor
My sister has a nine-month-old baby and, after a few hiccups, she’s finally started sleeping in her own bedroom. Hooray! She already had an audio baby monitor (a hand-me-down from my sister) but she found it frustrating – yes, it enabled us to hear her rustles and groans, but what was actually going on up there? Were they just typical noises that babies make when they’re asleep, or was something wrong? I felt that I couldn’t truly relax until I could see that she was OK.
Though the colour screen is small at 1.8 inches, you can clearly see what’s going on (even at night, thanks to infrared vision). The zoom feature is handy for close-up monitoring, and the price is reasonable compared to some. The volume level is a bit low for my liking, and there’s no two-way speaker, whichmeans we can’t soothe our little one back to sleep without going into her bedroom.
Features and benefits for Motorola MBP18 Video Baby Monitor
- 1.8” Colour LCD Screen
- Data Encryption for security 2.4 Ghz wireless
- Improved screen quality, resolution and refresh rate
- Infrared Night Vision
- LED sound level indicator
- Visual sound level indicator
- High sensitivity microphone
- Rechargeable battery (Parent Unit)
- Up to 300M range with “out-of-range” warning
- Pair up to 4 cameras (additional cameras available separately)
- Two stage zoom function
Pros: Easy to use, very clear pictures in both modes, excellent sound, wireless so can move to different rooms in the house.